Opiates and Heroin Addiction
The Heroin and Opiate Epidemic has become a major issue in our Country. Prescription pills and heroin overdoses are claiming way too many lives. At SoberLife USA we are trying to combat the Opiate Epidemic. We have 2 programs. For those that are already clean for at least 2 weeks (usually those in a program or Sober Living Home), we offer the Naltrexone Pellet to help with cravings and to help maintain sobriety. For others who are not yet clean, we offer a Rapid Medical Detox. The client checks in, goes under anesthesia while detoxing, and when they wake up there are no more symptoms of withdraw and they have the Naltrexone pellet inserted to help with future cravings. The “kicking” process that normally takes 7 to 10 days is accomplished in one day, while the patient sleeps.
To our knowledge, we are the only facility in the country that offers this service. Complete medical detox while under anesthesia in conjunction with the Naltrexone Pellet.
Another issue we are trying to combat with the Naltrexone Implant is alcohol addiction. Alcohol is one of the most readily-available and abused drug in America. What’s worse is it affects all age groups regardless of status or upbringing. Too much intake- whether on a single occasion or on a long term basis- has some serious consequences that can’t be ignored. These are:
- Brain functions are altered so alcohol dependents are moody and uncoordinated
- Heart issues arise like Cardiomyopathy, arrhythmias, stroke and hypertension
- Liver problems are also reported such as Steatosis (or fatty liver), Alcoholic Hepatitis, Fibrosis or Cirrhosis.
- Alcohol also has the ability to produce substances that are toxic to the pancreas which will eventually lead to pancreatitis
- It also increases the person’s risk to develop certain forms of cancer like cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, liver or even breast
- Our immune system is also compromised with alcohol abuse as it lowers our body’s ability to cope with certain diseases like pneumonia or tuberculosis
- Alcohol abuse can also affect interpersonal skills with peers and family and decreases the person’s self-worth.
SoberLife USA can help. Located in Fountain Valley, our facility offers a unique outpatient treatment procedure uncommon to other typical rehabs. Employing a minimally-invasive procedure of transplanting Naltrexone, an FDA-approved drug, the person’s cravings are reduced or completely eliminated within hours of the implantation. You’ll walk out of our facility free from your alcohol cravings and free to go about your daily routine- minus the alcohol.
Removing the cravings though should be coupled with recovery counseling to maintain sobriety so SoberLife USA also employs certified counselors to work with the recovering person to prevent relapse and to cope with emotions unknown or foreign to him as a sober person.
Rehab Centers can be intimidating. This treatment is different. SoberLife USA will cast all your fears, doubts and cravings away. Give us a call at 1-800-590-1989 or visit our Contact Us page to find out more about our treatment procedures. We service the entire country. We are located in Southern California, in Orange County, close to Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego. Get in Touch Now!